On the eve (well, now it’s technically the morning) of making probably the biggest trip of my life so far, I thought I’d ruminate on some of the things I’ve been thinking about lately…. mostly, the things I’ve learned along my life journey so far. Not only am I going on this big adventure in Europe, but my personal life has gone through SO many changes in the last half year, resulting in a totally new life for me!
These are just a few thoughts and observations – some of which I’ve heard from others and I really like them, and others are my own random babbles, but I thought I’d share them….
– Life is now, so live it now; and don’t put off things you want to do until some non-existent date in the future. If you put it off, you’ll never do it.
– We can’t always control what happens to us, but we CAN control how we react to it. (This is something I’m always trying to work on – haha! But it’s SO true!)
– Take chances. Life will be boring and full of regret if you don’t.
– All things really worth it in life require work to get them.
– In both life and matters of the heart, it’s always better to just put yourself out there and risk failing or getting hurt – because if you don’t try, you might miss out on something AMAZING!
– If there’s a big problem in a relationship before marriage, it will NOT go away once you’re married!
– The Golden Rule. Seriously – let’s just all be nice to each other!
– Don’t get married just because you think you’re supposed to.
– Everything happens for a reason.
– Sometimes it’ll feel like life really sucks. But we’ll get through it, and be all the stronger for having done so!
– Be thankful for friends and family every day. They will be there for you during those times when you just can’t get through the rough stuff alone.
– Find people who like and love you for who you are! Stay true to yourself.
– After a certain age, we all have baggage, so let’s just acknowledge that and move along.
– No one’s perfect, so don’t expect it from yourself or others.
– If happiness knocks at your door, don’t hide in the other room!
– We can all handle more than we think we can. And we are all stronger than we think we are.
– When life throws you a new challenge, rise to the occasion!
– Never quell your inner child.
– Don’t be ashamed of your confidence once you finally find it. (It took me a LONG time to find mine…and I’m going to wear it proudly.)
– Leave your comfort zone. Just do it. ‘Cause that’s where all kinds of awesome things happen!
– As my grandmother would say: “Jenny, when someone offers you money, you take it!”
– If singing were easy, then everyone could do it!
– Music makes the world a better place.
– If you make a mistake, own up to it.
– Try not to take everything so personally.
– Embrace your quirkiness!
– Something as simple as a kind word can really make someone’s day.
– Don’t ever stop dreaming.
So those are some that are coming to my mind right now, but feel free to add your own in the comments!